Monday, April 2, 2012

March Recap




Run Miles Planned/Miles Ran: 77/54 - Had a small injury break for a week, but am super happy with my mileage overall... it's going in the right direction!


Cross Training Workouts Planned/Completed: 18/12 - Definitely fell off a bit on the cross-training.  I am finding that I need to do something every day or I tend to skip a bunch of days in a row.

Swim Meters Planned/Meters Swam:  3200 - 2400.  Skipped one swim - going to do better next month.

Highest Run Mileage Week: - 3/25-3/31 - 17 miles!!




Races Completed:  Point Bock 5 Mile - 42:48.  Great race - read recap here.




Current Book:  My textbook from my Entrepreneurship Class.  Not the most thrilling read - but not a ton of time for pleasure reading this month.  


Current Song: I love running to Linkin Park's "Reanimation"... specifically Pts. of Athrty - gets me all fired up - "forfeit the game before somebody else takes you out of the frame, puts your name to shame.  Cover up your face you can't run the race the pace is too fast you just won't last."


Current Triumph: The pace of my runs.  I think I'm actually faster now than before my stress fracture, but haven't tested it out in a race yet.



Current Goal:  Remain injury free, increase my long run distance, and focus on cross training.


Current Happiness:  I should just rename this category "Cute Video of My Kids"








2012 Goals 


Running/Fitness:


  • Run 1,000 miles in 2012 - 107 miles so far.  
  • Run a sub 1:55 half marathon 
  • Get a new 5k PR - current PR 23:17 
  • Complete a triathlon
  • Run Ragnar Madison to Chicago relay.
  • NO MORE STRESS FRACTURES! - through March - none so far!  


    Life
    • Join Toastmasters to face my fear of public speaking. - I went to one meeting, but haven't taken the plunge.
    • Pass the ACSM Certified Personal Trainer exam.
    • Knock out at least eight items on my "Fear Can Suck It" list. - Completed: #9 (Jan)





    How was your March?

    1 comment:

    1. watching the video made me laugh just as hard as seeing it live! :)

      ReplyDelete

    Hearing from you makes me happy! :)

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...