Friday, August 31, 2012

August Recap

It's been months since I've done one of these recaps, but as it turns out, I'm way better at getting in cross-training when I have some set goals and the accountability of all of your judgmental eyes... 



August Recap


Miles Ran: 90

Cross Training Workouts Completed: 5 (all bootcamp workouts)

Meters Swam:   Whoops.

Highest Run Mileage Week: 29

Races Completed:  0

Upcoming Races:  9/1 - Justice Works Just Run 1/2 Marathon
                                9/22 - Fox Cities Marathon (first 26.2!)
Runner's World Big Book of Marathon and Half-Marathon Training: Winning Strategies, Inpiring Stories, and the Ultimate Training Tools from the Experts at Runner's World Challenge

Current Book:  The Runner's World BIG Book of Marathon and Half-Marathon Training   - I've been sporadically reading this bad boy since Runners World sent it to me a couple of months ago, and I have to say, I really like it.  I have an entire shelf dedicated to running books I did not like, and very few that I enjoyed or ever referenced.  Stay tuned for a full review soon...

Current Song: I'm going through a super huge Beatles phase right now, so I've got to go with "Eleanor Rigby."  Super depressing song, but it's beautiful and the kids love dancing to it.  :)

Current Triumph:  I have now been injury free for longer than I ever have since I started running... about 8 months!  Thank you PureFlows and cross-training!

Current Goals:  
  1. Well, I've got this full marathon thing going on in a few weeks... my first.  So I guess not to die.  Or cry too much.
  2. Start a new class at the Y.
  3. GET BACK IN THE POOL!  :)



2012 Goals


Running/Fitness:

  • Run 1,000 miles in 2012  - This one just wasn't smart this year with rehabbing from my stress fracture... so new goal:
  • Run 400 miles from September - December:
  • Run a sub 1:55 half marathon  - 1:55 and change.  I'm counting it.
  • Get a new 5k PR - current PR 23:17 - Done!  22:43!
  • Run Ragnar Madison to Chicago relay -  Done!  6/8/12
  • NO MORE STRESS FRACTURES! - through August- none so far!  

    Life
    • Join Toastmasters to face my fear of public speaking. - I went to one meeting, but haven't taken the plunge.
    • Pass the ACSM Certified Personal Trainer exam - Got my CPT!
    • Knock out at least eight items on my "Fear Can Suck It" list. - Completed: #9 (Jan)

    How was your August?  

    What's been your biggest accomplishment of the summer?


    3 comments:

    1. You can add onto your fears can suck it list, getting a pedicure. You sure faced that one head on!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. My girls llloooved Elenore Rigby. It says Father McKenzie....so naturally it soothed Kenzie as a very little girl.

      ReplyDelete

    Hearing from you makes me happy! :)

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...