2012 will go down in the books as a pretty productive, happy year.
The Top 10 from 2012
(in no particular order)
1. I had some sweet PRs:
5k - I finally conquered my five year old PR of 23:17 with a 22:42 at a tiny, picturesque race in Upper Michigan with my buddies. I felt truly fast for the first time, and I loved it.
13.1 - Perhaps the race with the most emotional significance for me - it was my first long distance PR since my femoral stress-fracture, and I felt so accomplished and relieved. And vaguely Mexican.
Old PR - 1:59:28. New PR - 1:55:30
I also PR'd in the 15k and 5 mile.
2. I ran my first marathon. It was fun. And hard. And I had the best supporters a girl could ask for.
3. I ran a 16 hour track relay to raise money for Alzheimer's research on the hottest, and longest day of the year. Indescribably cool, and I became an ultra-marathoner.
4. My kids went from being silly little almost-two year olds to silly little almost-three year olds. I have loved every single stage they've been through, and I swear, they just keep getting cooler and cooler. I get kisses and hugs and eskimo kisses all day long.
5. I got my personal trainer certification, started my own business, and helped some women realize their inner strength and accomplish amazing goals: weight loss, a Tough Mudder, PRs, and renewed self-confidence.
It's been a learning experience and a little frustrating, but I'm glad I did it.
6. I ran Ragnar Chicago and expanded my core group of runner buddies exponentially, and I couldn't be more grateful. What a sweet, funny, and determined group of women.
7. I celebrated my four year anniversary with my husband. He's just simply a great guy, and I married up for sure. He's super hot too. And a great dad. Yesss... I am so lucky.
8. I got to be part of a real ultramarathon as I spectated and paced for Rachel and Julia, respectively. I didn't think it was going to be as cool as it was, and it turned out to be one of those days where time just sort of stands still and you just really appreciate where everyone is at each point in this crazy cool journey.
9. I went on a trip to Vegas with my husband in Februrary, and was lucky enough to see The Beatles Love Ciruq du Soleil show, and make lots of poop jokes about the bus on the Strip.
10. I organized and ran my first donor drive for DKMS. It was awesome - I really felt part of the community and it was so exciting every single time someone got added to the bone marrow registry. It's something I'll definitely do again.
|My wonderful volunteers.|
|I will swab the shit out of you|
So that's that.
What's your biggest accomplishment from 2012?
Are you a resolution maker? What is yours?