The sweet and very funny Kim from (Just) Trying is For Little Girls nominated me for this award - I'm pretty sure it's because all Kims have this secret pact to bond together and eventually we'll RULE THE WORLD!!!! Go ahead, try to stop us. :)
Also, Katie (who makes me laugh every day) from Will Race For Carbs nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award... so we're going to do a big old Blogger award party in one post... mmm kay?
So I have to come up with seven random things to tell you... and then I'm supposed to tag people. But really, if you read my blog, please consider yourself tagged and because I want to read all of your random facts too.
OK. Here we go....
1. This is one of my favorite shirts for two reasons. First - it's from the Chicago Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon, which is one of my must-do-every-year races. Second - and most importantly, it kind of looks like the skyline is giving the finger, and I like to think about that whenever I get stuck talking to someone I don't like. Yeah buddy, that's my shirt flipping you off and you don't even know it.
|I'm smiling because inside I'm happy.|
2. I name a lot of things. My first car (that my husband still drives - 300,000 miles and going strong!) is the Black Stallion. He's a noble beast. My old mini-van is called the Turkey Van because my mom hit a turkey with it on the way to one of my races. Judy Blue is my current van and is named because as my brother put it "she's an old girl, but she's classy." My guitar is Lady Jane because she's plain and sweet.
3. As a child, I was a bit of a food hoarder. I used to keep boxes of Halloween/Easter/Christmas candy in my closet... I didn't ever eat it, I just wanted to have it. Yeah, I was a weird kid.
4. I can bend my thumb back behind my hand really far, and if I straighten my arms, my elbows naturally bend a gross amount more than normal. Other than those two oddities, I am ridiculously inflexible.
5. I have a big problem chewing gum. I love to chew it, but if I don't think "Chew, chew, chew", I accidentally swallow it. Seriously. Every time. If I can keep a piece of gum in my mouth for ten minutes, that's a big accomplishment.
6. I have an incredibly juvenile sense of humor. If one of my kids is playing with balls, and someone says something like, "Oh, look at Alex playing with his balls!" I get the uncontrollable giggles.
7. I have a fear that my blog will come back to haunt me some day. I'm pretty sure I'll be sitting in an interview in 10 years, and the interviewer will ask me what my skills are, and of course I'll say that I'm awesome, serious, dedicated, a great multi-tasker, a hard-worker, blah blah blah, and then he'll say "Oh really? Because it says here that you can't chew gum properly, and you think balls are hilarious."
Go forth and post your own Seven Things!