Thursday, August 25, 2011

Northface Endurance Challenge!

I was am so excited to be helping to spread the word about an amazing running event:

September 17-18, 2011

Check it out:


This race sounds awesome - there are distances from 5k to 50 mile, run on the beautiful trails around Madison, WI. 

From their website:

"The forested area, massaged by monstrous glaciers many millennia ago, contains wake-up-call hill climbs of 200-300 feet and enough undulating terrain to challenge even those granite-legged mountain runners. Overall, the soft, forgiving course is 80% singletrack, with slightly wider, equestrian sections sprinkled in between. This is the least technical of all the Endurance Challenge courses."

I am so bummed I can't run this - I would LOVE to do a trail race.  Unfortunately, it's the same day as the Fox Cities Marathon and Half Marathon, so I'll just have to wait until next year.

Speaking of which.. this would be a perfect meet-up next year for all of us Midwest bloggers!!

Who's up for a little trail running?

I was offered a free entry to the race, and as soon as I heard about the opportunity, I knew who'd I'd contact.

My beautiful friend Angie, who is a ridiculously speedy and awesome runner, and a great mama to two beautiful little boys is going to tackle the half marathon.

Best part, I've roped her into authoring a little guest post for me sharing her race experience.

This woman is a super runner, check out her stats:

-High school and college cross country runner
- Ran Boston TWICE!
- PRs: 5k - 19:58, 10k - 38, Half Marathon - 1:40, Marathon - 3:29

Can't wait to hear all about the race from her and plot my race strategy for next year!  And maybe some of her speed will rub off on me..... :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you makes me happy! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...