Sunday, August 21, 2011

Tandem Ice Bath and Post-Race Celebration

Happy Sunday! 

It's been a great weekend - good family time with my sweet kids and my sweet hubs... I'm a lucky mama.  Be prepared this week for some picture overload of my sweet kids.. finally clearing out the memory cards on my camera.  :)

Anyway!  Let's talk about ice baths.

OK, I know ice baths are awesome for recovery, blah blah blah.  Before I took my first ice bath, I thought  it would make me feel better, and beyond that, it was something kind of crazy and funny you do for the good story... you know, like running in a blizzard, streaking, etc.

Then I took one.  And it was bullsh*t.  It HURT!  It was not fun, it hurt my feet so damn badly I wanted to cry. 

While in Chicago for the race last weekend, Rachel and I contemplated our post-race strategies, and the availability of only one tub for ice baths. 

What resulted was glorious.

Behold.

The Tandem Ice Bath




That's me on the left and Rachel rocking the high bun, and my awesome mama and my hilarious cousin you can hear badgering us. 
Anyway, after that, we headed to PF Chang's for some awesome grub and a stiff drink, and then I explored the hotel a bit. We stayed at the Hilton on Michigan Ave in Chicago, and it looked like a palace.




Then we went to Miller's Pub for some good grub and fantastic beers.  I love IPAs, and there were multiple varities on tap.  Deeeeeelicious. 

Momma and me!

Momma love.  :)

Ow Ow, hot runner ladies!

Alright, that wraps up the Chicago weekend. 

And now, I have some potential bad running news.  I'll update tomorrow after my doctor's appointment... but I'm having some significant, limping-while-walking pain.  Balls.

3 comments:

  1. Aww thanks for your comment on my blog!! I am so excited to have found yours!! Icebaths=hell! But that video=hilarious! Love it.

    You are absolutely gorgeous and it looks like such a fun relaxing trip. Good luck with you appointment today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I love this video--too funny! Boo to that pain, hope it's nothing major!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah man, I could watch that video over and over just to bask in the gloriousness that is us.

    Damn, your legs look awesome in that last picture. I look like a short oompa loompa!

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you makes me happy! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...