Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Race Photography

So, for those non-runners out there, let me tell you something about race photography.  Every decent sized race works with a photography company and plants photographers along the course and at the finish line to capture the blood, sweat, and tears of the participants.  As if that's not bad enough, they then link your photos on their website by your last name, so your running buddies (or your long lost high school friends on facebook) can type in your name and see you at your grimacing, gasping worst.  It's great.

Anyway, my pictures are always awful.  AWFUL.  My head is always tilted back and my shoulders hunched forward (this is perfect running form, by the way) and I'm beet red, eyes half closed... seriously, a pretty picture.  But this time, there's something even weirder.  I have this huge, creepy smile in both the pictures they have of me, and my feet actually look like they're moving (for some reason I always look like I'm just standing there, both feet on the ground)...

Oshkosh Race Photos

We'll see if I look this happy in my full marathon race photos!  :)

5 comments:

  1. Those photos look great! Smiling is already a huge bonus in race photos. Somehow all I ever look at is the ground and I'm usually pretty angry too.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww!! I love your race photos!! you look SO happy! they are awesome. I always seem to forget that there will be race photos but then my last race I kept reminding myself to look for the camera people and actually look normal...ummm I looked worse because I was smiling but the rest of me looked like I was in agony...haha!

    have a good day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen bad race pictures of you, and these are really GOOD. Let's not forget the Green Bay relay pictures of a few years ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys, you're making me blush. I'll be sure to put up some hideous ones from GB to balance things out. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you makes me happy! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...