Thursday, September 1, 2011

Holding Pattern and Things I Hate Thursday!

Happy Thursday to all of you fine folks,

Kind of stuck in a holding pattern over here.

I'm not allowed to do any cross-training until I get some test results back to rule out the nastier of the many things that could be contributing to the ol stress fractures.  Hoping to hear something today.

I'm super excited for next week because I meet with the orthopaedic doc (oh Greek spelling, you think you're so fancy...) and then I will have some idea of a recovery plan!

My sweet and wonderful husband is encouraging me to get a membership at the Y, which is OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive.  Seriously... it's like 35 bucks MORE a month than my current gym membership.  Then I'll be able to float around in the pool and say I'm cross training and use all of their fancy equipment.



This one's a big one for me.

I don't know if you all use recipe sites to find new recipes, but I do, and it's awesome.

I LOVE www.allrecipes.com because of the rating system and all of the user reviews that are submitted for each recipe.

What's to hate?  Ahhh, let me tell you.

When someone gives an awesome recipe like 2 of 5 stars, and then they write a big long review:

"I did the recipe exactly as written, except I substituted the fresh garlic for garlic salt, and I didn't have any potatoes, so I left those out, I also didn't have any green peppers or onions, and I used water instead of milk.  Just didn't turn out for me!"

THE RECIPE DIDN'T TURN OUT BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T FOLLOW THE RECIPE YOU MORON!!!!

And here's my personal favorite, which I swear appears on almost every single recipe on the site.

"I'll give it 2 stars.   I followed the directions exactly, except I left out all of the salt to make it healthier.  I don't know, I just feel like something was missing..."

YEAH, SOMETHING WAS MISSING... THE SALT!!!!

Serenity now.

6 comments:

  1. haha! I totally agree, when I read reviews (and I do go to LOTS of recipe websites) I always ignore the ones that basically TOTALLY CHANGE THE RECIPE. it is nuts.

    Have a great day =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to skip over a lot of reviews, especially when it comes to cooking. I'm not much of a cook myself :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, first....I was just thinking how bored I am with the same-old-same-old, so will try the recipe link (thanks!).

    Secondly, OMG...your comments were hilarious! Yeah, I followed it to the T, except I didn't use any of the ingredients. (Shaking my head)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I completely agree. "This recipe was gross. I left out 1 2 and 3 and added A and B, Im not sure what was wrong with it" Im always thinking, really?1?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stopped reading reviews on recipes. The people who have to change everything make me crazy.

    I like skinnytaste.com, especially since I'm back on the WW wagon. She has a crapload of awesome healthy recipes-and they are actually GOOD. I make them for my whole family, and everyone loves them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha this is hilarious! I totally agree!

    thanks for checking out my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you makes me happy! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...