Thursday, June 16, 2011

Things I Hate Thursday

OK, today I'm taking a break from inundating you with heart rate information, so on to my favorite day of the week...

Oh, and thanks so much for all of the feedback on my heartrate series.  I find it super interesting, and it's good to know some of you do too!  Or you're just playing nice... either way, I'm cool with it. 

 For those of you that missed it, you can find Parts 1 and II here and  here.  Parts III and IV coming soon!




I hate those stupid word verifications you have to type in to verify you're not a computer or whatever.  In fact, I hate them so much, I tried to find out what they were called to see if other people hated them too.  After ten minutes of fruitless Google search terms ("scrambled up letters to verify identity", "mixed up letters to prevent spam", etc) the search term that did it was "stupid letters you have to type".  I love Google.

Anyway, turns out they're called CAPTCHAs (did everyone know this but me?), and it stands for "Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart".

I was delighted to learn that there are whole websites devoted to funny ones.  One time I got "dicks" as a CAPTCHA, but failed to recognize the glorious ScreenPrint opportunity.  Luckily, other people have had the sense to immortalize the funny ones they've seen:






and my personal favorite:












Well, how bout that ladies and gentlemen?  This would be the first time T.I.H.T. turned into something good.

5 comments:

  1. You are labia...made me laugh out loud at work. Thanks for that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, I learned something. I have seen people type reCAPTCHA: (insert word), but I had no clue what a CAPTCHA was. Now I know.

    And, as I'm sure you know....knowing is half the battle (GI JOE!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate having to type in word verification!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my heck you totally crack me up... I teach me and make me laugh at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. headsh*ts? that's hilarious. i've dated a few of those.

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you makes me happy! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...