Monday, March 14, 2011

Baby Tornadoes

I would like to preface this blog post with a disclaimer:

***DISCLAIMER - I love my children more than anything, and I am so lucky to be a stay at home mom.***

That being said, my kids and I are SICK of each other today!  Today, my friend Matt asked me why, and not wanting to look like a bad mama, I told him, "Oh, I don't know.  Probably just cabin fever."

Well, that's not entirely true.  I know EXACTLY why we're sick of each other today.

1)  They have pooped a total of 7 times today.  Seven.  And there are still hours left in the day.
2)  I let them loose in the kitchen so I could change over the laundry (okay, and check my email), and they systematically unscrewed all of the knobs from my kitchen drawers. 
3)  They have started this thing where they scream like banshees if you take something away from them.  God forbid your mother take an electrical cord or drywall screw away from you, you little monsters.
4) I went to kiss Nolan and he burped in my face.  Yes, I know he doesn't know what he was doing.  Yes, I was thoroughly disgusted.

Ha!  I feel much better already.  And, in fairness, I should tell you they are sick of me too:

1) Their normally engaged and interactive mom has been reduced to a daddy's t-shirt wearing Frowny-pants McGee who would rather lie on the floor with a blanket over her then come up with fun activities.  Well, at least they still had fun scaling Mt. Mama.
2)  They have been cooped up all winter long because Mom is scared of having sick babies.

I know there are a lot more examples in my section up there, but hey, I'm not a mind-reader.  :)

We're going to get out of the house tomorrow... it is supposed to be a balmy 47 degrees here in Northeast Wisconsin!  I'd like to take them out for a run (something I haven't done since August), but I have a group run with my buddies at night.  Maybe we'll walk instead.

Here are my little monsters today:

(That's Alex, with Nolan over his shoulder.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you makes me happy! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...