Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Quick Update

Hey, happy Tuesday everyone!  Man, I have SO MUCH to update on here... here's a quick recap of the last few days:

On Thursday, I had a pretty crappy 2 mile tempo run on the treadmill at the gym... I swear, they turned up the heat in that place - it felt like it was 90 degrees!  Then to rehydrate (very important), I went to a German bar with my girlfriend Nikki and enjoyed a couple of glasses of beer whose description emphasized the "yeasty banana notes"... sounded totally gross, had to try it.  DELICIOUS!!!  I'm going to try to find the name of this beer. 

Saturday, I did my nine-miler with Mattie, and it was awful.  Awful, awful, awful.  It was like 15 degrees and steady winds, and the trails were ice-covered in a lot of places.  It was treacherous, slow, miserable going.  After the run, I wished we could look at a video highlight reel of the past couple of hours... we must have said "Oh man, this sucks", and "Why are we doing this?" about a million times.  Ugh.  Awful.  But hey, we made it!

After that I soaked in my mama's whirlpool tub, and she put on spa music and lit candles and gave me a fluffy robe and socks... yes, I am completely babied by my mom, and I love it.  She started this "Spa Mama" thing when I was a few weeks post-partum and losing my sanity... she took the babies for a few hours and let me relax (read: pass out instantly) in her soft warm bed.  mmmm delightful.

Next up - surprise birthday party for my husband-o.  (Spanish is one of my many talents, as you can see)  He was SURPRISED.  Holy man.  He walked in the bar where 20 of his favorite people were waiting.... and walked right out!  Ahhh.  It took him a minute, but he regrouped and returned to enjoy the festivities.  Pictures to follow.

OK, my little Nolan is calling for me.  OH!  And I have super fun video I am going to put up here later too.  Hope you all have a wonderful day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you makes me happy! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...