Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Self-confidence, what self-confidence?

I had a crappy crappy (almost) three miler last night with my new running buddy.  Weather was fine, the company was nice, but the run kicked my butt.  We had planned to go 3-4 at an easy 10 min/mile pace... but wound up suffering through 2.5 miles in 27 minutes.  Ugh.

As my friend and fellow runner pointed out when I called to lament my awful run, "You have to have these bad runs to have good runs".  I suppose, but man are they demoralizing when they happen. 

I'm currently running Tuesday easy, Thursdays tempo, and Saturdays long,  and I've got a half marathon in five weeks.  And another one in nine weeks.  On the schedule this week is a quickie two mile tempo to get my body used to speed work again, and seven on Saturday on my peaceful trail.  Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you makes me happy! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...