Saturday, December 17, 2011

ONE MILE!

Oh yeah baby.

With my neck muscles still sore from the most violent vomiting I've ever had (you're welcome for that visual), I rocked out a mile at a blistering 9:30 min/mile pace.  It was glorious.
This picture is totally not from today, but I wanted to convey my triumph
 without photo proof  that I haven't showered today.  Or brushed my hair.   Oops.

It was the first full mile I've run since August 13th.  And it feels good.

On Monday I have an appointment with some dude to do a gait analysis.

The problem is that I was so pissed at my doctor's office last time I talked to them that I didn't even pay attention to what the dude's name is, exactly where his office is, or even what his specialty is.  Is he a physical therapist?  A sports medicine doc?  A gigolo?  I have no idea.

My appointment is at 7:00am, so I'll be wandering around the hospital bright and early knocking on doors and tugging on candy stripers' aprons hoping someone can help me find my appointment.

I am very excited to get an evaluation and start to address some of the bio-mechanical issues behind the stress fracture so I never, ever have to go through this junk again.

I also have some exciting news about something I may dive into... I'll be posting about it starting Monday!

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

3 comments:

  1. You ran after all that barfing? Fuck you're awesome. I'm eating and hardly moving. Can't wait to hear the gait scoop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you!!! And the fact that you're seeing your gigolo to try to prevent future occurrences is a perfect ending to this lousy nightmare.

    Happy Running!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you makes me happy! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...